Tuesday, January 06, 2009
June 1, 2004 A day with Alex
We got the O.K yesterday to visit with Alex but we didn't realize we were going to get to see him in the mornings and afternoon. It was so great. They told us yesterday to go and buy some diapers so that we could get him out and play with him without worrying about getting peed on. We ended up buying several packages and taking to them which got us some brownie points. LOL They don't use diapers since they are an expense that they can't afford so they are just constantly changing the babies clothes. It's so sad. Alex is really getting used to us and just smiles now when we come in. We got to get him down on a little carpeted area and play with him and some toys. He loved this purple catepillar. We couldn't hardly get him away from it. During the middle of the day when he was napping we did some sightseeing and bought some souveniers. Lena and Sasha took us all over Stavropol and gave us all kinds of info on the history and whatnot. They even took us to a lake and we were able to enjoy the fresh air and just hike around without all the commotion of the city.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I just can't imagine the feeling that you had when you had to leave him there and couldn't take him with you. I never understood how heartbreaking that must have been until I had a child of my own. I don't know how you did it! I love hearing the story from your point of view! I look forward to more! :)
Love ya!
Aimee
Post a Comment