Wednesday, July 26, 2006

So much to do so little time. 1/17/04

Today is my cousin Belinda's baby shower at 2:00pm. We are almost done with all the cleaning and straightening for the homestudy so the shower will be a nice break from all the stress of preparing for tomorrow.

Even though we are in the process of adopting a child it's still hard to go to baby showers. I am so happy for my cousin but it's just different. I don't really know how to explain it. I don't have any friends that have adopted so I don't really have anyone to share this with that will understand what this is like and I can't share experiences about being pregnant because I haven't been.

It's like I feel like I'll never be able to fit in with friends that have bio children. I don't want to feel left out. I want to be treated like everyone else. I mean after all I'm going to be a Mommy too just not the conventional way.

No comments: