Sunday, July 30, 2006

First Draft of the Homestudy 1/20/04

WOW. I got an email from Jan today and guess what was attatched to it??!! The draft of our homestudy. Good grief she's quick. She was only here two days ago. I'm forwarding it on to AAi for them to approve or make any changes. Karel at Adoptions of Kentucky also has to give it the O.K. She should have it by tomorrow.

We had already mailed in our application for INS approval all it's waiting for is the homestudy. Once they recieve the homestudy we will have an appointment set up to go and have our fingerprints done. All in all the whole process to get the much sought after I-171H could take up to six weeks after they recieve the homestudy. Hopefully I will have everything else done and will just have to wait on that little piece of paper.

Now we just have to have the O.K. on the homestudy from AAi and Karel and we will get the "hard copy" to have notorized and appostilled. Oh, yeah. All papers that go to Russia have to be notorized, have the notory verified through the county clerks office and then taken to the secretary of state's office to have the appostille put on them. If I have to go to any county but Henry for a notary verification it's going to cost me $5.00 per notary certificate and I have a lot of papers that are going to need notorizing I'm just hoping that we can keep the out of county ones to a minimum. It's also $5.00 a document for the appostille and with having to have 2 originals and a 3rd one just becasue, I'm looking at dropping a large chunk in Frankfort. I'll be taking around 75 documents to have appostilled when I make that trip. WHEW!! This may break the bank. :o)

No comments: