Thursday, August 31, 2006

2nd Support Group. 03/04/04

We took off for Lexington again tonight for our 2nd group. It's funny the people that you run into. A girl that Michael had went to school with was there with their new baby. Such a small world. You just never know. It was good to talk to them and hear about their experience with domestic adoption.

There are usually different people there. Still a lot of the same faces but lots of new ones to. Everyone is so nice and it's really great to be able to share in the joy and pain. Tonight 2 different couples were there that had just been through a failed match during the last month since we had met. There were lots of tears as the birthmom had changed her mind after the baby was born. I just don't know how I could have dealt with something like that. It has to be devastating.

On a happier note, our crib has been ordered from JCPenny and should be in on the 10th. I'm really excited about it. It's our first nursery purchase. It's a convertable crib, so it will last him forever. I can't wait. We still haven't decided on decor yet. We've got plenty of time for that.

No comments: