Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Apostilling and Funeral Arrangements 4/16/04


This morning I had to be in Frankfort at 8:30 to drop of my papers at the Secretary of State's Office for Apostilling. I had 68 documents total to be done. Charlotte got to the house around 7:15 and we headed out. I'm still in a daze over Granny passing. I cried myself to sleep last night. Life is never going to be the same. She's never going to see my baby. At least she knew what we were doing and at least was able to share in our joy even if it was for a short time.

Charlotte and I dropped off all the papers and headed to Wal-Mart. I have nothing to wear to the funeral. I've been on Atkins and have lost almost 40 pounds. Everything that I have at home is too big. We didn't have any luck at Wally World so we headed over to Cato's. I found a black pin striped suit that had a skirt and pants with it. They had told us that it would take about 2 and a half hours to get the papers done. We had been wandering around Frankfort and decided to head back to the capital to see if they were ready to be picked up.

They were ready when we got there. I paid for the documents and we were on our way. The dossier was complete. The only thing I was going t0 have to do was get the new agency license from Adoptions of Kentucky. The one I have is good for another month so I'll send the other one when I get it. The papers were beautiful. They had the big gold seal and were tied up with a blue ribbon on each set of papers. I'm attatching a pic of them. It was quite the stack of papers. It really hit home for Charlotte just how much was involved in this process when she saw that big stack of papers that now weighed around 5 pounds.

On our way back to Henry Co. my phone rang. It was Karel telling me that the license was there. Of all the luck. I had her fax the paper to Mom's office so I could pick it up there and have it notarized, etc etc and Bless Charlotte's soul she offered to drive back to Frankfort to get that document apostilled. After today I am completely done and will mail everything on Monday. We went straight to Granny & Popals house after we left Mom's office and Charlotte left me there and drove my truck back to our house to get her car and head back to Frankfort. We had to be at the funeral home at 1:00 to make all the arrangements.

It was so hard looking at caskets and picking out music. It still hasn't really hit home. We picked out a beautiful casket and insert with the verse of "Footprints" on it. My cousin Craig is going to sing Amazing Grace and Brother Eades is going to do the speaking at the funeral. Everything is set and tomorrow we will have visitation. I still can't believe all this is happening.

Later on we were all at Martha and G.W's, Michael and Jamie both needed shirts and ties for the next 2 days so we decided to go to Goody's in Shelbyville. Me and Michael, Aimee and Dusty, Aimee and Jamie and Bryan and Samantha all went. Once we got the guys what they needed we went to eat at Tumbleweed. It was good for all of us to be together. Especially considering that we were all so close growing up. We sat around for quite some time eating and reminicing.

Tomorrow is not going to be easy........................................

No comments: