Sunday, September 03, 2006

More waiting...............4/6/04

Yesterday I emailed my congressman about the I-171H. Which was advised by my homestudy agency. Karel no longer had the "connection" that she once had and was getting nowhere. She was told to send a written request in to them and they would reply to that. Good Grief.

I decided to make one last trip to Louisville and see what I could find out. Bless the little man named Edgar who I got to talk to. Turns out they couldn't find my application anywhere. The lady that normally does the processing has been off on an extended medical leave and they have divided her work up to 3 different people in 3 different departments. O.K so this is not looking good. I sat and sat and sat some more while Edgar feverishly looked for my papers. After almost an 1 1/2 of looking he calls me into his office. I almost fainted, I thought this cannot be good. Luckily he had found my papers in the basement. Yes I said the basement. It was in a stack waiting to be done, but that person was on vacation. Of all the luck. I was almost in tears at this point. O.K so I was in tears. Couldn't hurt right?? Edgar apologized all over himself and said that the papers would be processed this week and we would have our I-171H by next week.

I tell ya I could have kissed this sweet little ol man. I left there feeling a lot better than when I went in. Now lets just see if we get the paper next week.

No comments: