Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Dossier arrived in Stavropol!! 5/10/04

Andrea emailed today to let me know that the dossier had arrived safe and sound in Stavropol. Whew. What a relief. Not a lot's been going on. We've just been working and trying to keep busy to pass the time while we "patiently" wait. snicker snicker We went and registered at BabiesRUs and Wal-Mart. That was fun. People can be so rude. I went to get the little scanner thingy at Wal-Mart to start our registry and the lady might as well have slapped me. I told her that we wanted to start a baby registry. I'm not kidding when I say that this woman looked me up and down with a disgusted look like "you're not even pregnant and if you are it's too early to start a registry". She never said anything, just took my license and gave me the scanner. I was ready to cry. It's not written anywhere that the only way to have a child is giving birth to one yourself. I went and found Michael and was fuming. Needless to say when I went back to return the scanner I informed the rude lady behind the counter that we were adopting a child from Russia. She had to pick her teeth up off the counter. hehehehehe The look on her face was definitely a kodak moment.

BabiesRUs wasn't quite so bad, but there was no place on their little application that said you were adopting. It asked for a due date. O.K. We have no idea. The lady looked at me funny when I told her that. I then had to go into the whole "we're adopting a baby" spill. I mean come on people.

It was pretty funny seeing Michael and I running around trying to decide what we were going to need. We knew that our baby was going to be between 6 months and 12 months. That was it. So we just started scanning stuff that we "thought" we'd need. It was definitely fun though.

No comments: