The dossier was recieved in Texas on 4/21/04. AAi will do a final check of the documents and after the final O.K they will be on their way to Moscow. Today however they sent an email that they were trying to figure out what region to put us in.
Andrea's email said basically this: We are trying to decide what region to put you guys in. We have a situation we wanted to ask you guys about. Would you be willing to accept a blind referral? Which means that you would get very limited information about your child before you travel. We have a region, Stavropol, where there is no one waiting right now. You guys would be next to recieve a referral when one comes available but we would have to travel blind.
I ran outside and yelled at Michael. My heart was pounding out of my chest as I tried to explain all of this to Michael. We both knew that we were fine with it. You couldn't make lots of decisions when you were pregnant, who were we to pick and choose. We called Andrea to talk to here and get more information and let her know that we were fine with blind travel if that's what it came down to. I asked her if the wait was still around 6 months or longer. You could hear the smile in her voice as she said, "Kim, you guys will be the next to recieve a referral." Oh, O.K I said. Still geared up for the fact that it was going to be awhile. I wasn't going to get my hopes up. No matter what they told us, we weren't going to get our hopes up. We had went into this looking at a year plus in the process that was the mindset we were going to keep.
In the middle of all this talk she did tell me that she needed 4 documents redone due to an issue with the notary. I was like sure sure. I'll get them redone and have them in the mail to you on Monday. I don't think they realized who they were dealing with.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment