Well, today is April fools day. Still no approval letter from INS. I've been patiently waiting, but now I'm going to have to start looking for some answers. I drove down to the INS office since you can't reach anyone by phone. Wasted trip. They wouldn't tell me anything. Said that the homestudy agency would have to make an inquiry. So I stop by Adoptions of Kentucky while I'm in Louisville and Karel said she would give them a call and find out where we were in processing.
This is just so frustrating knowing that the only thing keeping us from turning in our dossier is 1 little piece of paper that I have absolutely no control over. Everything else I did at my own pace and when I wanted to. This is really hard. I just need to get used to the waiting though. Even after we turn in our completed dossier to our agency they have to send it to Russia to be translated which could take up to a month and then the "real" 6-9 month wait begins. So I guess I'd better just acclimate myself to the waiting now cause I've got a whole lot more waiting down the road.
Sunday, September 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment